Well...I have news, and a question

My DH is getting me a 4-D ultra sound for my birthday next month and I can not wait. I've wanted one for a long time and I will finally be far enough along to get it. (We are pregnant with our second, due New Years Eve) I will be 21 weeks when we get it done, and I am wondering what others thought of it, when they had it done? And if there is anything I should do before hand, other than drink the 100 ounces of water a day?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 2:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You actually don't have to drink all that water for most of those 3D/4D places (but call & ask ahead of time). I really liked it, but our lil guy decided to hide as soon as they turned it on & we ended up with a lot of pictures of him covering his face. It was really awesome though! Definitely something special =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I heard it's better to wait a little while longer so the baby has more fat on it. I have heard that 28-30 weeks is the ideal time. Better get it done soon though, because I just saw a report that there are going to be regulations placed on 3D/4D ultrasounds!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 3:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• We went in for our first try at a 4D ultrasound when I was about 32 weeks. She wouldn't let us see her face. They tried again for free a few weeks later at around 35 weeks. She hid again. Our last attempt again with out having to pay all over again, was at about 37 weeks. It was GREAT! The most awesome pics... I would wait a little longer if I were you. I saw some pics they had at the ultrasound place of other womens ultrasounds and the early ones were kind of creapy looking lol... not that you would think so if it was YOUR baby, thats a little different. But the longer you wait the better you will see him or her and the more it will look like what he/she will look like when they are born. But it is a great experience!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 4:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• omg, it was the best ever! we did ours about the 28th week...i think... and the second we got to see his pudgy cheeks and that he (to my horror) did indeed get his daddys nose, i was hooked. i felt like i could talk to him. it was hysterical though because our little boy had hiccups when we did ours and he would hiccup, and then would get this frown on his face and clench his fists. he'd relax for a bit then hiccup, and get pissed and look around like, "what the heck is that?!" i am so glad that they let us tape it, then we just spent a week going from house to house showing the movie and got to hear everyone exclaim over every little feature. really helped the waiting process because you can look at your kid whenever you want and imagine them in your arms!
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 2:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I just had my 5th daughter and it was a high risk pregnancy so I had 3d ultrasounds like every two weeks throughout the majority of my pregnancy. They are definitely cool. I found that drinking a big glass of OJ about an hour before would give her a little boost and she'd move around a lot more.
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 19, 2009