will it be okay if i come in contact with a hamster?

13 weeks pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why wouldn't it be?

Anyways, the answer is yes. As long as you wash your hands afterwards (just like you would after touching any animal, I'd hope) then it won't give you any diseases or germs, and you'll be fine.
    GabriellaM

Answer by GabriellaM at 2:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• absolutely not.

J/k. Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• no,. you'll contract DHV (deadly hamster virus) and then you will self destruct :]

just kidding! gabriella has the right answer ;]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• i think it is just stupid when people tell pregnant people to stay away from animals while pregnant or they are going to contract some freakishly weird diese. my friend made her husband get rid of his snake that he had for half his life and wouldn't go into her sister-in-laws house because she has a cockatoo. i have a cockatoo and i still nuzzle him and have my entire pregnancy. i've been to several petting zoos and even cleaned up poop and pee my puppy did on the carpet. my theory is, if it doesn't seem diesed, you are healthy, you aren't ingesting anything from it- you and your kiddo will be fine. but if you are really worried... they have those attractive haz-mat masks that i saw a pregnant person wearing because she was worried about swine flu...
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 2:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2009