Conception question: Out of curiosity how many of you are having trouble or had trouble conceiving your babies?

Sorry, not sure where to put this. I am running into a lot of women in my church that are having trouble conceiving. Is this a common problem? I wasn't aware that it was. This is not meant to be offensive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I didn't. Thankfully! With my son we started trying in may of 07, I got pregnant in June of 07. And with this baby we started trying in March of 09, and I became pregnant in March of 09. Some people really struggle tho I have heard. I am very blessed that we haven't had any issues.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I never had any problems. I conceived my daughter the 2nd month I tried and my son was a miscalculation with my cycle. But we were gonna try for him in a few months anyway so it wasn't a big deal. But my sister is pregnant and it has taken her a year to conceive.

Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 3:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I was a fertile myrtle. I was surprised when my OB mentioned to me that woman usually can conceive twice a year. I always had thought each month. so I guess that is why you can't even discuss fertility issues until you have been trying a year.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 4:07 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• We had troube conceiving DD. We tried for over 6 months and then finally turned to OPKs (ovulation predictor kits) and found out we weren't conceiving because my ovulation date was later than we thought :) We got pregnant the first month we started trying with the OPKs! :) And we now think there is a possiblility that I may be pregnant and this is just our second month trying this time.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 5:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• absolutely....i have been trying for 8 years...my husband has low sperm count, morph and motility
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 4:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Idk. I can concieve pretty darn quickly but none of them seem to stick.
    But then again, it's a genetic issue. Something about genetically irregular menstrual cycles.
    And there's always the concept that people who do get pregnant in my family do tend to have a lot of fraternal twins.

Why? idk o.O
    Anonymous

• i had 1 mc and 5 months later i got preg with my dd pretty easily likei was with her dad 3 weeks and we were preg but now im with my dh and we want to have a baby in the worst way we r having a hard time getting preg we have been trying for 13 months now.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 7:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• well with my SO now we have been having unprotected sex whenever time of the month for about 3 1/2 yrs until we conceived our son...but we lost him halfway through the pregnancy....and now its been almost 6 months and still no preg... he is our only baby.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• It took us what seemed like forever to become pregnant with my son... it took us 11 months. But it's nothing compared to some people. My sister has been trying for nearly 3 years now.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• My husband and I have been trying since our daughter was born. She is 13 months now and I'm usually not to hard to get pregnant. I am kind of worried, I want one more baby, I talk to my doctor and she said I was fine. Im not sure what to do. Just keep trying and good luck to you.
    Haleighsmomm

Answer by Haleighsmomm at 11:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2009