What do you think of people who lie about rape?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 2:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it's all been said.

It's horrible, despicable, and sick. Not to mention very immature. "I'm pissed so I'm going to say you raped me"? Really? That's disturbing on so many levels.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 7:54 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I have seen both sides. I was raped. I responded in the last post about rape. I also knew someone who did lie about her stepdad raping her. He went to prison. She recanted.
    I never pressed charges against mine. I felt it was my fault for being in his hotel room. To this day I can see every detail, remember every moment.
    I don't even ask a women if she is lying. That is a job for the police. I so wish I had reported mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I want to smack them around. I have gone through it so I don't think its ok to make shit up because your mad at a guy.. My sister did that, and tried comparing it to my situation.. I almost hit her. Its not a joking matter, its not ok to lie about. and not just because it happened to me. Also because you are ruining someones life that you say it about!
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• To be honest, when I was raped I lied about who did it. At first I told my brother it was some guy who followed me home and that I didnt know him. It took me a while to tell them it was actually my step brother...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:17 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

thats not exactly what i mean i can understand that. i am sorry if this ? hurt you i any way
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:37 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• No Mikayla! like people who haven't been raped and say they have. your situation is MUCH different!
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think its despicable. I knew a girl a few years ago that lied bc she did not want her parents to know that she had had sex, and had gotten pregnant from it. She later recanted her story after a year, but not before the boy had been harassed, had to change schools, had gotten beat up multiple times, had to spend time in jail and basically had his life ruined. Even his parents took her side, and he lost all faith in the judicial system. She finally came forward and told everyone what really happened, but it couldn't make up for all that she put him through.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Women who lie about rape make the process harder for women and men who are REALLY raped. Its despicable. The life of a sex offender is forever changed. His future is very limited. ITs not ok and there should be consequences for it.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 5:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I guess it depends on why they do it. For me, I was raped. Never told any one, never pressed charges... Didn't see a point. Just went on with my life. Why put my self through the hell of dealing with it every day? reporters? Lawyers? Testifing?? Nah... Not for me. I can't understand why anyone would willingly go through all that hell, just to keep up a lie. BUT, that said, I know of a case or two where although the testimony that put the guy away was a lie, he deserved to be there, they just couldn't pin his real crimes on him. SO, if that's what it takes, you gotta do what you gotta do!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:27 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• We had a case a few years ago. There was a child molester in the city. The police had him in custody, but the evidence at the time just wasn't enough. The mother of one of the kids' friends, took the stand and said she walked in on him touching a child... She didn't. But, it was enough. Once in prison, he "brag" to another inmate. And although the testament she gave was enough to over turn the original verdict he was tried on the crimes he had admited to that weren't in the original trial, now - he's where he belongs. Had she not lied, he wouldn't have been in prison in the first place to brag to another inmate in the first place. He would have just kept it up...

I can see how this type of situation could transfer in to a rape story as well. "He didn't rape me, but he raped my sister who won't do anything, so I'll say it was me and get him" that, I guess I could excuse. But I don't like you I'm gonna get you - rape lies NO!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2009