Do mothers really base an opinon on another mother on spelling or humor, or lack of humor?

Why do mothers on this site believe it is their place to tell another mom that they are a bad parent if they don't spell to their expectations or if they aren't "right with God"? Do these same mothers teach this mind frame to their children? Why does anyone really care how another person raises their child?
I really don't care who does what with little Johnny or Susie as long as they not my child it's not my business to care, is it?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 3:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• So if your neighbor is beating little Johnny with an extension cord its none of your concern?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Yes because being a bad speller means you beat your kids? STFU anon.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 3:07 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Well.. I don't base a personality on just those traits - that would be like me judging someone by how they dress.
    However, I do think spelling and grammar is a good thing... and if I were friends with a person who spelled words idiotically - on purpose, anyway, "lyk dis" and stuff... it'd truly annoy me. I believe education is a very important factor in my life.
    As for humor... no, I'd still be friends with someone if they had no humor, dry humor, etc.

With that said, no, I will/do teach my son to respect people - no matter what their views or lifestyle, because it's THEIR CHOICE or opinion... as long as it doesn't encroach on his own beliefs... I'm fine with it.

So with all that said and done, no - I do not lurk CM as a grammar/spelling Nazi, and shoot anyone down for being a stupid person or parent.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• IF my neighbors were beating little Johnny, then I would let it be known that I have witnessed it. I would think that would be sufficent in most cases. Correct?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Btw.
    LOL @ Cherrie.
    Anon, you took one sentence and completely twisted it around to have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC.
    Well done.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• ronjwake - you're just supposed to point out that they have no humor, can't spell properly and then flay them to death because of it.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:10 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• It isn't about that and you know it. It is about YOUR actions. Why can't you respect others? It isn't a matter of religion. It is a matter of common courtesy. And it does affect your child. Because if I saw you acting this way and your child was a friend of my child's I wouldn't let them play at YOUR house. I don't want MY kids picking up YOUR behavior. Your child may be an angel. But YOU are showing that you don't respect people enough to simply be nice to them. UGH.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• way to go Cherrie!

ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think they do that cuz they are crappy mothers themself and they know that so they have to make everyone else feel crappy about, how they spell, grammer, pot smoking etc.
    But you know what people can call me a bad mother or whatever until there head explodes I know I'm a good mamma, and nobodies opinion not on here or anywere will matter to me, cuz I'm confident enough to know better
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Anon you obviously don't have teenagers. Do you really think you can choose your kids friends? You may give them your opinon but at the end of the day they will still be the ones that will choose.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:15 AM on Jul. 18, 2009