What would you have done? Rape questions...

I was reading all the rape questions and it reminded me of when I went to turn my step brother in. The cop was the dad of one of my really good friends in high school and told me not to go through with it because there was no physical proof and I would just be made out to look like a slut. He did also tell me if I needed to do it for closure I should but if I thought I could get over it without going through court I should do that. I ultimately didnt file, but what would you have done in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would have asked for a different officer and filed.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 3:26 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I posted in the other question. I wish I had filed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I never filed when raped and wished I had.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• That is a hard one to call. Knowing myself, I would have filed and made it clear to my parents that if that SOB wasn't out of the house, then I would have been.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I was raped and never filed. My "bf" brought some friends over one night... I never told anyone until I met my husband. The guy who started it has actually had a worse life and been in and out of jail ever since for drug use. My parents do not understand but I knew if I did anything my life would be a lot worse. I just wanted to be left alone, no more stalking, no more controlling! He'd show up anywhere and threaten me. I got my closure when I ran into him at church one day (funny huh!?) and realized he hadn't known anything about me or even that I had a baby!!! I feel much better now. No matter what those courts would have done, it was my word against all of theirs. Just never felt it would have been worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• One of my rapist was put in jail but they didn't keep him long enough. He did the same attack on a 15 year old girl 8 years later, and I had to go back and testify again. It didn't help me heal any, and it didn't stop him from raping others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• The guy who raped me died of an overdose a couple years later...kind of hard to be bitter and pissed after that huh? *karma*?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I dunno. I did file and they didn't do anything because, like you, there was no physical proof so it was he said v. she said and his word meant more. Stupid DA.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I would of filed then said if he dont move out i will.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Wish all victims of rape could cut the balls off of their rapists. You all are courageous women. I'm sorry what happened to you.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2009