What is a good effective diet pill?

Ever since i had my gallbladder takin out a couple weeks after i had my daughter, it's impossible it seems to lose weight.. and i just wanted to see if maybe a diet pill along with walking and TRYING to stay away from junk food would work... hope someone can help!!!!

angel3090590

Asked by angel3090590 at 3:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Lots of exercise and stay away from the void foods like white flour and sugar. Make sure that everything you eat is nutrient dense. And you will lose weight. Remember if you build muscle it will burn calories for you when you are at rest. Diet pills are false hope. They hurt your body. They are not a good idea. I know everyone wants to be able to take a magic pill and make the weight go away, but that really is just a horrific detriment to your health. What is the point of being thin if you are sickly and your organs are damaged??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Trim spa baby!!! I used it in high school when it first came out and I lost ALOT of weight! I looked awesome! Each pill is the equivalent to 2 cups pf coffee!!! YOU MUCT WORK OUT WITH THEM THOUGH!

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:42 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• My Ali. You should also try a site its called Spark People tons of support bt if you take My ali they also have a huge support group for that but the Spark people site brings you in contact with people who live in your area as well ! If you have any questions IM or PM me Goodluck!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 4:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Most weight loss pills are a waste of money and can be dangerous if you have underlying health problems or family history of heart disease, stroke or other serious health issues. The best way is to watch what you eat, eat protein at every meal (5-6 small meals every 2-3 hours), 3 carb servings (whole grains, fruits, sweet potatoes), and green veggies with every meal; add in walking and some weight training (don't be afraid of bulking up like men do because women lack the testosterone to do that); and don't forget a multivitamin. It will take time, but patience and consistency and a healthy, balanced diet will get you going in the right direction. Oh and don't forget the water. At least 64 oz. of water daily will help keep you feeling full.
    tkobabe

Answer by tkobabe at 7:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Okay, I have been taking this diet pill that I LOVE, my sister recommended it to me and I am using it before my wedding to get fast results. It works GREAT!!! It is called Lipodrene and I think you can only get it online.

Here are some things I would recommend: First only take one a day until you get use to them. Drink plenty of water due to hydrating purposes. The pills gave me jitters only at first. I went from 125 to 119 in a short time and I am not exercising or dieting. You will get quicker results if you do.

The reason I like these versus others...It really curbs my appetite and I can still go right to sleep at night as long as I took the last pill at least 6 - 7 hours before. Good luck...just use them to get you motivated to start a new life style with low fat diet and exercise because you will gain the weight back after stopping them.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I'm terrified of diet pills.  They seem like a great idea, but then a few years pass and you hear about law suits for the side effects.  I recently lost over 50 pounds on my own without fad diets or gimmicks.  I changed my day eating to be healthy (mostly veggies and fruits with some low-cal foods), kept a normal dinner with my family, and fit in exercise when possible and the weight flew off!  I feel great and healthier than ever, so I want to share what I did with other moms that are like me.  I wrote my whole story and plan on my site: justamomha.com/healthy-living/ 

I hope you'll check it out!

justamomHA

Answer by justamomHA at 11:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I started taking acai a few months back. I did quiet a bit of research on it and tried a few different products. Yes, I am also taking the colon cleaning supplement, but I think you would still see results without it. I haven't seen my weight go up and down, it's been steady.

The nice thing about the colon flush supplement is that it took quite a few sizes off my waist. In my opinion, that's an important result of dieting!

I've tried a few different acai supplements and haven't seen the same results from all of them, but you won't know what does and doesn't work for you until you try it. I tried this one from walmart, but I'm almost positive it isn't freeze dried correctly to preserve what the acai berry does for you. I did some research on it and this is a vital part.

You can read my blog here at www.jilliansdietblog.com

If you have any questions, feel free to message me and I'll try my best to help!
    jj49

Answer by jj49 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2009