Are scooters popular where you live?

My son got a scooter from his grandfather a few weeks ago. I bought one for myself today so that we could ride around together.

There was people everywhere on them things! What got me most was there is like a secret code between scooter riders. Every time we would someone on one it was "honk honk" and handwaves! WTH?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 3:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There are scooters everywhere here (seattle) but i think its cause it doesnt snow very much and parking ANYWHERE is a pain in the @$$!!! So it saves you hundreds every month to have one. I personally dont know about the scooter language, my hubby and i ride motorcycles, but we do have the wave and what not with them ;)
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 4:03 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• nope! I live in Alaska... maybe seen 2 scooters and only during the summer. I used to live in Seattle and they were everywhere.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:19 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• i think with any thing you buy...you dont notice until you have one...
    like my first car...it was a ford tempo ..dont laugh it was cheap
    i saw them everywhere....
    now i have an explorer...and of coursenow they are everywhere :)
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 6:21 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• extremely popular since I live in a latino area and u know these latinos, they love their wheels more than their families, LOL.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 8:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2009