Part 5 and final ? for my religion study....

What are the main points of your religion?
Do you lok down on other religions or believe they should come follow your path?
Would attend another religious ceremony if ask by a friend or family member?
Would you be open to learnind about other religions?
Do you follow the guidelines of your religions?
Please answer each ? this is the final and most important part of my study. I will post my coclusion later on. Thank you all for your participation.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 4:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What are the main points of your religion? Treat others the way you want to be treated.
    Do you look down on other religions or believe they should come follow your path? No but I expect the same respect they want me to show theirs.
    Would attend another religious ceremony if ask by a friend or family member? Certainly
    Would you be open to learnind about other religions? Always
    Do you follow the guidelines of your religions? No specific set of guidelines to follow

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• What are the main points of your religion? JESUS born, crucified, rose again for me

Do you lok down on other religions or believe they should come follow your path? Jesus has the ONLY path that leads to eternal life.

Would attend another religious ceremony if ask by a friend or family member? We did when we became Godparents to several different kids.

Would you be open to learnind about other religions? NOPE! Jesus is the WAY. None other.

Do you follow the guidelines of your religions? I FOLLOW JESUS; not religious rules

bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:21 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Do you follow the guidelines of your religions? No, I am coming backto Christ and I throw a tantrum sometimes. I am not perfect I do not make such claims. So far I follow the sabbath, food laws, sometimes the modest dress, I like wearing bikini's lol. I also see nothing wrong with wearing of modest jewellery or having a beer every once in awhile after a long or stressful day.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:23 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• What are the main points of your religion? Believe in God.

Do you look down on other religions or believe they should come follow your path? No we do not look down on other's some members might but the church's stance is to not to. We of course like any other church wish that they would follow our path :)

Would attend another religious ceremony if ask by a friend or family member? As long as it's not the sacrificial killing of something or something like a pagan ceremony *other then marriage or funeral* then sure :)

Would you be open to learning about other religions? I would, they might have a truth I didn't see yet.

rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Do you follow the guidelines of your religion? No, I am coming backto Christ and I throw a tantrum sometimes. I am not perfect I do not make such claims. So far I follow the sabbath, food laws, sometimes the modest dress, I like wearing bikini's lol. I also see nothing wrong with wearing of modest jewellery or having a beer every once in awhile after a long or stressful day.

rhanford

• What are the main points of your religion? The main focus of Christianity is Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. The fact that He conquered death, proved to the world He was the Son of God,and did for us what we could not do for ourselves. Save us.

Do you look down on other religions or believe they should come follow your path? I don't look down on them, but neither am I going to agree. If they don't believe in Jesus, I have no interest.

Would attend another religious ceremony if ask by a friend or family member? Yes,out of respect,I would.

Would you be open to learning about other religions? Not particularly. As I said, I really don't care about any other ones. I'm in love with my Lord Jesus,and that's enough for me.

Do you follow the guidelines of your religions? I do my best. I'm human, though,but I'm also a sinner saved by grace. But, I work very hard to do what God wants me to,and when I fail, I know He forgives.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• What are the main points of your religion? none, I am agnostic. I would say I strongly associate with the golden rule and make choices based off of consideration for others.
    Do you lok down on other religions or believe they should come follow your path? not at all, I celebrate those who use religion positively in their life. I just haven't found a faith system that works for me. I do look down on people who judge others.
    Would attend another religious ceremony if ask by a friend or family member? absolutely, as long as it was appropriate for me to attend
    Would you be open to learnind about other religions? I am and do.
    Do you follow the guidelines of your religions? there are no guidelines, but I won't join a religion whose core guidelines I can't support in its entirity.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:54 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• What are the main points of your religion? That the Earth is divine & our lives correspond to the workings of the Universe (that is the most succinct I could come up with).
    Do you lok down on other religions or believe they should come follow your path? No, I do look down on those who don't question their belief system.
    Would attend another religious ceremony if ask by a friend or family member? I have & always would.
    Would you be open to learnind about other religions? I study mythology, philosophy & religion actively.
    Do you follow the guidelines of your religions?As I mentioned in previous posts there is no authority to set guidelines in Neopaganism. That doesn't mean nobody suggests them of course. I follow only guidelines that fit into my personal beliefs.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• What are the main points of your religion? As a pagan, I am polytheistic. I hold a great reverence for nature and all things in it. And do my best at not causing harm...

Do you lok down on other religions or believe they should come follow your path? No, I feel that all religions and Gods are valid. I do tend to look down on blind followers, but not because of their path, simply because they have not taken the steps to discover their own truth, they follow simply because they are told to.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Would attend another religious ceremony if ask by a friend or family member? Sure, but I think it would depend on what it is. My mother invites us to her memorial service every year (She's JW) we do not attend. This is their most precious religious event and although she invites us, I see it as highly disrespectful for us to attend as our beliefs are at such polar opposites.

Would you be open to learnind about other religions? Yes, I actively study many other religions because I believe that only through education can ignorance and intolerance end.

Do you follow the guidelines of your religions? Yes. To the best of my ability. I am not perfect and I do fight the urge to be nasty & bitchy to others. But I understand that this would be a harmful practice and so, I try, to be nice.