How do you get them to stop growing? lol

She keeps doing this to me!!! Goes from being a tiny newborn to a babbling baby to a running screaming toddler!! :( Her face finally changed to that toddler face today and I'm soo sad! Her daddy is deployed and missing all of this... I'm so sad!!!

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 5:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh girl, you havent seen anything yet. Wait until shes 15 and shes 2 inches taller than you....LOL. Her boobs are almost bigger than mine too. My 11 yr old wears a size 8 shoe and I only wear a 6 1/2. She hasnt even barely begun growing yet. I say put a book on her head....LOL In all seriousness.....make sure youre taking a picture everyday for daddy. Even if its only with your cell phone. He will so appreciate that. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:19 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I know the feelings.. It was so hard for me when the changed from that toddler look and became boys. There was no more baby fat and no more innocent looking eyes. Now their eyes say that "I've done something wrong and I know it" look...And all you can do is get mad at them since they "knew better" but still did it anyway. At least in the past, they didn't know. At least she's still a toddler..they are more fun when they aren't running around screaming..
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 6:03 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Wait, mine is 13 and I am not sure how he got that old already. It seems just like yesterday he was running around on wobbly legs and needing me for everything. Now, he is a knowit all teenager that doesn't need me so much. He is growing like a weed, he grew 2 inches in a month. I cannot keep up with him. Yikes!!! Soon he will be graduating from high school.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I know. My oldest will be 12 next month and he's already taller than me. (I'm 5' 4")
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• She is probably feeling insecure and needs a little extra attention. Children act out when their not getting the attention they need. Only respond to her when she's not throwing a fit or acting like an infant, reinforce the positive, not the negative. Give her a little extra love, she needs it.
    JewelBliss

Answer by JewelBliss at 11:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• if you find out, let me know! my almost 4 month old DD is getting huge!! breaks my heart, but makes me so proud! she's already 25.75" long, geeeez!!!!
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2009