When you had your first C-section how soon did you know you needed it?

I am pregnant with my third child and after my first ultrasound when I went back to the dr for a visit she said I may need to have a C-section so I will need another ultrasound to determine that. I'm just curious cause this would be my first one since my other two were born vaginally.

Jemia

Asked by Jemia at 7:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• C-Section was always a known possibility with carrying twins, so I was mentally prepared from the get-go. However, actually having it wasn't certain until I was actually in the OR trying to push for over an hour and a half. They have you deliver twins in the OR just in case they have to convert quick. I finally yelled to the doc to "GET THEM OUT OF ME NOW!!!!" and he converted to C-section right away. It was good he did. Baby A had his neck in a bad position and he wasn't coming out on his own.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• i was 34 weeks it was an emergency....which was fine by me cause i had no time to panic
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Well, I was in labor for about 12 hours with an epidural that didn't work and then when I was dilated to 9 they notice that his head had turned ( like ear to shoulder) and so I couldn't dilate the last centimeter so they did an emergency c-section. It wasn't all that bad it was just very unexpected. I had always imagined that the c-section would hurt really bad but it actually didn't hurt so much. It was just mostly uncomfortable to move around the for the first 3-5 days.

Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 7:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I was in a car accident in my early 30's so I knew before I ever thought about having children. I had my first at 33 years of age.
    RiverPhenix

Answer by RiverPhenix at 7:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I found out the day before i had my DS, which happened to be my due date, he flipped the day before my due date, so i had to have a c-section but when i went in there, they hooked me up to stuff and said i was having contractions anyway.
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 8:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• After being in labor for 24 hours and only being 2 cm dilated that whole time they decided that a c section would be best. I felt like a failure at first, but I would never make any other decsion now and plan to have my next child via c-section.
    beaugrl0824

Answer by beaugrl0824 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• mine was only because when they tried to induce she stressed to severe so i didnt know till that day but always be prepared for it even if it does not happen
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I had two days of labor, but the baby never dropped down.  His pulse went down with each contraction so the doctor decided to take the safe route and do the c-section.  The cord was around the baby's neck twice and it turned out that my bones didn't move either.

Kim, from justamomha.com

justamomHA

Answer by justamomHA at 2:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• 15 weeks placenta previa
    some "move" as you get further along,
    mine not not
    c section one month early
    labor would have cause hemorrage
    she is healthy,
    everything went fine
    thank God

boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2009