Psychology! Could a woman have some kind of disorder being that she wants to terminate her pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Health

• momofsaee.....Our choices in life are usually about perspective

I agree. A person's perspective becomes their truth. Only one person can live with their own perspective. That's why the whole "group decision" on abortion doesn't work. Each situation is it's own, and the owners perception, therefore her truth. Being a child rape victim, I felt no other choice but to abort...does this mean I have a disorder?

EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I'm sure if a woman had all the emotional support needed her story would be totally different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Well, if you call selfishness and shirking responsibility a mental disorder, then I guess your answer would be yes. I think its more that they arent really connected with reality. If they really knew what was living inside of them and they could see it and touch it and see its future and the potential it had to live a great life and change other peoples lives, they might think about it differently. Our choices in life are usually about perspective or lackthereof. Obviously, just my opinion.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:54 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• it my opinion too momofasee
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• i think that is an unfair question without any additional information. a woman or girl could be going through many different life choices and who knows the story. anyone who feels they can pidgeon hole and judge is narrowminded and a bigot. life is full of adversity. we should accept each other and realize that some people, mainly young people but some older, do not make good choices. would it be fair to to say that anyone over the age of 70 should be terminated due to the fact that the drain society of money and care. no. we love our elders and support them. you cant deny anyone the full course due to them just because they fall into a certain catagory.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Actually I think it's all the contrary some woman have many children and all end up in foster care they don't know anything about responsibility. I think a woman who follows an abortion is a woman who knows that her life will be a constant "what if?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Chances are that she is making the best choice that she can. It is not our place to judge.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• No, probably not. Maybe she is just making the best choice for her situation. We all really need to stop judging what someone else does and worry about our own lives.

This quesitons is like asking, "Does someone have a mental disorder if they don't breastfeed, extend rear facing, ask stupid questions, judge others." Get the concept here?

Stupidity and lack of common sense are not mental disorders. Making the best choice in a given situation is not a mental disorder. Commenting without thinking first is not a mental disorder but all are done many times a day.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2009