so how do WE fix this?

Washington sucks. They don't know what they are doing and both sides keep making things worse.

They're spending money the nation doesn't have, implementing stealth taxes on the poor and needy, and passing legislation that will lose jobs rather than create them.

In a very short time there will be no assistance left for the poor and needy, and the numbers of the unfortunate will continue to grow.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:03 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's time for a third party (ie: LIbertarian Party) to clean house and run this nation effectively and efficiently. But people continue to relunctantly vote along party lines or either party... LOOK OUTSIDE THE BOX!!! I voted 3rd party in 2004. I didn't in 2008. And I wish I had taken Ron Paul more seriously.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Get rid of the libs and get people in who believe in the innovation of the private sector. Lower taxes across the board and let the market work.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Personally, our well is dry. We can't donate anymore right now, I've written our senators ad nauseum to no avail, we've done tea parties, and will probably be volunteering for a third party campaign locally if I keep liking what I'm seeing from him.
    But new reps aren't till next year. . .

Everyone I know is tightening their belts even furthur. I'm unwilling to let my friends and neighbors go hungry because of 30 or so years worth of crazy politics.

Any ideas on how we, the people, can fix this?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Oh, I'm all about getting some good people in office, but will it be too late? There are people who can't get help or jobs NOW.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Well, I agree, I can't wait that long. We will be hungry and homeless by the next election. The ecconomy has not taking our job, just all the $$$ that use to be in the job. So now, we work out but everyday ( 13 hr day- 6 days a week) for half the money. But my bills are all still wanting to be paid.
    I don't know WHat We can do, but I am willing to listen or help!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• We fixed it in November.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 9:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I guess I'm putting the same trust in Obama and this administration that some people here put in GWB and his administration...maybe that's it...
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 10:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• There's mid term elections coming up next year. Get the career politicians OUT! Get fresh faces in there!
    I agree with grly....I've had enough of the two major parties, neither side is listening to WE THE PEOPLE!
    and Yoshi....if "we fixed it in November", they WHY are numbers still getting worse??? 9 months later, and unemployment's STILL going up, people are STILL losing their homes, there is still NO IMPROVEMENT! Here in Michigan our lovely Governess has cut police forces, shut down penitentiaries, but STIMULUS money is going to improve community colleges? IDK, maybe they think the criminals will do better if they can go to college?
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Yoshi I truely wish you could get off GWB and live in the here and now.You said it was not about revenge for you but apparently it is moreso then anything else.You might want to rethink what exactly it is you are helping to do to this great nation we call AMERICA land of the FREE and home of the BRAVE.Think to our forefathers not Obama.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:14 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

shows how smart you are. NOT
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:16 AM on Jul. 18, 2009