• In the Spotlight:

obama a racist?

yesterday, in the local newspaper where i live, there was an article about obama saying that the naacp needs to step up and support the black youth in making the right decisions for college & what not b/c they are the future....wtf?! what about the whites, asians, hell even the hispanics? obama, it's not all about black people, it's not the effin 60s anymore

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I totally agree. He only ran for office to support the blacks anyways. He has proven that many times. Promising them jobs, better futures, and other shit.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Look at the church he attended for 20 years. That should answer your question.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• yep
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Granted it was a speech directed at a particular target market of voters, I still think if a white politician had made that tone and type of speech to a predominantly white group, he would be called a racist.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I guess if I were looking for something to pick at I could derive that he made his statements to support a racist stand. However, I think he was meaning how the NAACP needs to make the support of AA youth who are college bound more of a top priority than they do now. However, if he would have been in front of a majority Hispanic audience and their community leaders letting them know that their youth are the future and how everyone should support their higher education.

I'm not a fan of the man but I don't think his statements had racial undertones. I think if he were to say that we need to support our countries youth as a whole it would have been accepted better. However, he knows that one of the only ways that the AA community is to thrive is to strongly encourage the youth to do better for themselves and stop crutching excuses. President Obama identifies himself as a African American - not my words his... Cont:
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• he always has comments about the "black youth" it's really annoying b/c they aren't the only ones who need support, if bush walked around saying shit about supporting the white youth, he'd be a racist redneck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Cont:
    so after seeing the breakdown of his own community (whether you think he belongs or not) he feels like he has the opportunity to make a difference to a great many in that said community and encourage being responsible for themselves. I know many feel like every statement he makes has to include everybody all the time, but for him the AA community is personal.

When you look at the AA community alone you have to see that far less of the youth aspire to do anything past high school - assuming they even graduate from high school. So when he makes comments like that he's not being racist he's being honest. Not that there aren't kids from other races that don't need encouragement but some need more of a push and he sees that, many see that. For a lot of AA kids they don't think higher education - many don't realize they can achieve what others can. He's trying to remind them and others that they aren't a lost cause.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I for one get tired of statements being said that if a white person was to say that he'd be a racist. I wouldn't think that way - and so many of those in the AA community that I know wouldn't see it that way. Yes, I realize some would and that's the ones who you see on TV or read their statements in articles and it upsets me like it does you because I know the majority of us wouldn't think that way. I know some of you even have heard crazy ass statements from the mouths of some AA's but you have to know that those people don't represent the majority of us. The majority of AA are sick and tired of hearing excuses from those who expect a government handout instead of working to support themselves and families, we're tired of seeing the race card pulled too. I for one don't hear one person or several people of a race and think that the entire race feels that way and chalk it up to that.

Cont:
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2009