consitpated baby

ok, so my lo is 2 months old and is consitpated hasn't gone for 3 days now, been giving dark karo in her bottle since yesterday but no help, I plan on taking her to the doctor on Monday if she hasn't gone by then, any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• gerber baby pear juice.
    thats what our doctor told us to use.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Is she in pain?? Babies can go up to at least a week without a bm. My breastfed son went once a week! I have had some constipation with all of my kids, but only one that was in a LOT of pain. You can get a suppository for babies at the pharmacy. I would wait at least a week before you do. Also, I thought it was light Karo Syrup you use, not the dark??
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• no you use dark Karo ....... go get baby suppositories and cut a sliver off that should help dont use the hole things its too big just cut a lil line off

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Stop the Karo ASAP. Karo can harbor botulism spores which are deadly in infants. It is an outdated method that Karo and doctors are advising against.

Are you sure baby is constipated? Is baby breast or formula fed?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• use gerber pear juice. and if u did use karo i was told by a nurse to use light karo NOT DARK
    Magen85

Answer by Magen85 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• If your baby is breastfed (or maybe even formula fed) 3 days without pooping doesn't have to mean constipation. Breastfed babies stop going every day around that age.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2009