Should I wait? (Potty Training)

My daughter is 2 1/2 We will be going on a 2 month vacation @ the end of August.I wanted to start potty training her now..but then i got to thinking..
1. We are driving to California from Maryland
2.We will be out of her environment for a while
3.Daddy is deployed
4. I heard if you rush potty training your child will be a bed wetter longer then usual :/
I just dont know :( We have 3 toilets in the house..Should i get a cute seat to go over them? and a little ladder or just her own big girl seat?
My best friend this im crazy for not potty training my daughter..(SHE DOESNT HAVE CHILDREN!!!)

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 10:15 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I didn't even start PT my son until he turned 3. And you know what? It was a breeze! It only took a few weeks. Of course we still have some off days, but he's never wet the bed even and I got rid of the pull ups right away! I'd say wait. You don't want to start, and then on you vacay stop, or be stressed out about it.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 10:21 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I have toilet trained 2 daughters and a son and all of them I waited until at least 2 1/2, almost 3, and it was easy, no accidents, dry-nights from day one. My advice would be not to be in a hurry and wait until life is settled. There is no hurry as long as your child is happy. I was also pressured by well-meaning friends (sometimes childless and sometimes with children) but am happy I stuck to my guns.
    seemssimple

Answer by seemssimple at 10:28 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Ps. my kids hated the potty and used the big toilet with a small seat fitted over (no disposals neccessary - bonus). Do what's easier for you and babes.
    seemssimple

Answer by seemssimple at 10:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• i wouldnt try it now.... plenty of time! wait till you get back home than worry about it. have a great vacation!!!
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 1:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2009