am i overreacting?

my bf is in town. he has been here for about a month, but he lives 26 hrs from me. we havent been able to do a lot bc of money. well my brother had a bachelor party a couple weeks ago and he didnt have a lot of money and we had planned on us both staying home (but goin out to eat wtih bride and groom (seperately with groups) and bridal shower) bc there were parties afterward. well we were gonna stay home and have our own romantic night together. but everyone wanted him to go so he ended up going. the girls wanted me to go but id idnt have money to spend on goin out that night so i stayed. my dad offered him money but not me. now the guys want him to go camping for the weekend. he doesnt have money for that but they are giving him a free ride (doesnt have to pitch in) and im sitting at home doing nothing BC i dont have money to spend. i told him i wanted to spend time with him bc he leaves next week. (we spend 4-6 months apart)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• cont'd....and i could be overreacting or jealous idk. i just feel like we dont have that much time left. he was gonna do yard work for someone today so we could do something special together. but he chose to go camping. i feel like since i have a baby i cant do anything. hes ABLE to go do stuff. its not fair :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think that's pretty selfish of him. He should spend time with you and stop taking handouts.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think your mostly upset 'cause someone offered him something but not you. And I understand that it's upsetting...but that's just what we deal with sometime. Is he your baby's father?
    Maybe he's not invested enough into the relationship as you are if he's leaving soon & he would rather spend time with his friends then with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Sounds like he doesn't have anytime for you and the baby. You really should have put your foot down and told him that you thought he came to spend a month with you and baby not everyone else. Idon't think your overreacting i think you need to grow a back bone and tell him that you would like to see more of him then just the back of his head heading out the door.
    I am not trying to bash you at all I just think that at this point i would have lost my shit on him. After not seeing him for a few months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• No, he's not the baby's father. He told me its not that he doesnt want to spend time with us, but its bc he doesnt get to spend time with them. which is bull. 4th of july, the bachelor party, camping....every weekend he spends time with them!
    yeah i guess i am just upset that everyone offers him stuff but not me. they love him to death and will do anything for him, but they dont treat me the same way.
    and now i really am gonna be sitting at home doin nothing bc everyone else has plans, but me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I would literally kick my husbands ass if he did that to me, y would he want to go camping if u r not there? It's seems he has his priorities messed up
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 10:39 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• well hes gettin it from me now. i told him to go bc i knew that everyone would have blamed it on me if he didnt go. and i told him my parents would even say "oh its only one night..it doesnt matter' but it does! he's leaving next weekend. and i dont get a lot of time to spend with him. and in between now and christmas...ill only be able to spend a week with him. even still at christmas itll be 2 weeks tops. ugh
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• This is the strangest sounding relationship ever. Maybe it is time to focus your energy on your children and you, and stop putting emotional energy into something that is clearly not benefiting you.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• It sounds more like you are upset that he is being offered the chance to go without paying not that he is going. He is not taking handouts, people are offering and that is ok.That is what friendship is, to help our friends out when they don't have the funds to join us. My friends and I do this all the time. Especially if it is for bachelor party type things or bachelorette in the case of "girl" friends,

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• how does it sound strange? theres nothing strange about our relationship except that he isnt the father. hes been there since i found out i was pregnant. we do love each other and that is why im upset that he is goin camping when he is leaving next week. i wont be able to see him for 4-6 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jul. 18, 2009