Breast Augmentation Questions..

So i'm getting a breast augmentation very soon. I am scheduling my consultation with a doctor (whom i've done plenty of research on and a friend of mine and my mother have already been to her once already) on Monday. I was wondering for those who have had a breast augmentation, were you in a lot of pain afterwards? How long was your recovery time? Where was your incision and is it still visible after healing? Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I haven't had one (yet lol) but my mom, my aunt, and one of my very good friends did. My mom was down for about a week, but still functional. My friend was down for a week, but high from pain meds the whole time. Depends on your pain tolerance. Neither of their scars are visible, just because of where the incision was, under the cup of the breast.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 10:37 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I haven't had one either but been close to several friends who have. I noticed the pain is more uncomfortable and longer if you "go under the muscle" but that is the one that looks the most natrual and stay looking natural longer.
    Massaging the breast (even if painful) is very important afterward. It helps the area for a more natural look, to not harden around the implant and form scar tissue. Keep wrapped up tightly and try to move around ( without lifting) as soon as possible. Just like any recovery, the sooner you get up and about, the faster your recovery. Ex: 80 yr old grandma had hip replacement, Dr. had her trying to walk the next day.
    Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• They must have improved things since my mom had it done. She was down for almost a month and couldn't lift anything heavier than a glass of water for six weeks. She was in a lot of pain and had to have help getting in and out of the bathtub for several weeks. She looked great when all the swelling and redness went away. Oh btw, she died so there are down sides to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I had my surgery on Wednesday and went back to work on Monday (however I was released to return on Friday - but I didn't feel up to it.) I, personally, had a lot of pain. My implants were under the muscle - and here's why I had so much pain. The amount of pain is dependent upon how well your personal muscles are attached to you chest wall. Some people's are attached more securely - and mine were. I slept in a recliner for about 3 days. My incision is underneath and it healed beautifully. Make sure you follow their instructions to the tee about your healing - it is rather important. Also ask if they have a salve for you to use on the incision- that helps. You can expect to be trying on new bras and shirts in about 3-4 days. You will have a lot of swelling- and will settle into your actual breast size in a few months. If you plan to wear push-up bras later- then start out with them. The end result was well worth the $ and pain.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the type you are having. I have a freind that had salien (sp?) done. They went in through her belly button... She was sore! But ice and pain pills took care of things, no scar that you could see... and she was good to go in a week.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• My best friend had it done about 3 years ago and I believe she was in a moderate amt of pain. I think she finally stopped her meds about a week after. Shes not as tolerant of pain as many others are though. Overall she likes her result.

I had a reduction and they cut me from side to side, around the nipple and down the breast. I was down for about 3 weeks. The pain wasnt too bad as long as I took the meds. Overall, a great decision for me and great result. So if I can do all that, I think an augmentation would be easy. good luck to you. Hope your recovery goes well!!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Thanks everyone!! The advice and experience stories are much appreciated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2009