am i wrong for being so upset?

recently found out that my cousin who is the same age as me was having sex with my older brother who is 18 yrs older when my cousin and i were 16. she came to stay with me for 2 wks while in high school(summer vaction) and she spent more time at my older brothers..he took her out to eat and shoppin i was always left out and couldnt figure out why until now. my brother was married at the time and his wife was in the next room when they were having sex. im so hurt betrayed and disgusted. both of them were old enough to know better.... even now she is tryin to justify what she did a being right

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Upset at what in my state would be statutory rape, perhaps. But more sorry for your cousin. If she is feeling the need to justify, it must have bothered her more than she is admitting. Feel sorry for her and support her. What's over is over and now she must learn to think better of herself and past decisions and to move on to be a complete and secure woman. Also, I wouldn't convict her without your brother's side of the story, really. I doubt she'd lie, but then... innocent until proven guilty.

Answer by Bmat at 11:29 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• First cousins having sex? That's disgusting!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• ewwwwwwwwww..... No your not wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Are they blood cousins or cousins by marriage within the family? I guess, you should be upset about the situation. Idk because its a little confusing with how they are related to each other........
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 11:29 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• um... EW. i think i would be more upset. if my cousin EVER told me that she slept with my brother- that alone would get her and him killed by me. not to mention the age gap, the young age, the family betrayl, him being married, both of their stupidity... i mean, this is mind boggeling.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 11:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• if they are blood related then this is nast stuff! IF not it's just morally wrong. married people should sleep with anyone other than their spouse for any reason!! get divorced if you're so unhappy that you'll sleep with your 16 year old cousin. An 18 and mariried must not have been so smart for him if he's sleeping around either.
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 11:33 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• op here
    he wasnt 18 he is 18 years older than us and its blood relation. im just feelin really sick about even tho it happened 10 years ago...it was bad enough that at the time i was workin full time and was a straight A student but was always left out. he bought her new clothes whatever she wanted went to pricy restaraunts ect...when they went out me my brother and my other cousin was ALWAYS left out then to find out that in a way he was paying her to sleep with him im just so sickened right now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• no offense but it's not your business. They made choices. It was their life. It happened. What's it got to do with you?
    Anonymous

• am I hearing JEALOUSY? you were left out and didn't get money spent on you so you were jealous of her while he seduced her into having sex with him while she was an impressionable teen? He even offered to take her places and buy her things? Your brother is a sick pervert and you are upset bc he didn't do that to you? How sad. What kind of family do you come from where you'd be jealous of not being a man's play toy for his own personal pleasure? I think I'd rather buy my own clothes and ride the bus where I wanted to go. You should tell your brother what a creep he is. Your cousin was just a minor when he sexually assaulted her. He should be in jail. She's not to be held responsible. You want to be angry then be angry with him not her.
    Anonymous

• If a married 34 y.o. was having sex with my 16 yr old daughter I'd be going to the police. This is completely innapropriate. You are not the one who has been betrayed - your cousin was. Your brother is a creep and I would keep a close eye on him if i were you.
    Anonymous