What is the secret??

To all you moms out there who have a one year old that sleeps through the night what is your secret?? Since we started whole milk instead of formula my dd wakes up a couple of times a night. I dont give her milk everytime but i do give her water. Well I think sometimes she wakes up because we give her water and she has soaked through her clothes. Ya see how I'm in a bind. And if I let her cry which I do it is just so hard me and my husband work full time and we really need some sleep. Any help would be great!!!! Ps not to mention she has the loudest scream ever I'm shocked the neighbors arent complaining!

melk819

Asked by melk819 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ouch..thats a toughie. Maybe try feeding her more foods during the day. I kinda had the same problem when i switched my DD to milk. Since they depend on formula for a meal you have to give them more foods during the day. She will get used to it eventually. at first my DD wouldnt eat a lot bc she wanted her bottle but after a few days she was more hungry and wanted to eat more.
    if this makes sense! haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• The child eats trust me - i dont think she is neccesarily hungry! Idk Im at my ropes end! This parenting thing is hard!
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• We gave our son cereal at night, right before bed. try an overnight diaper as well. That is what it took for us. Hoping you get a good night's sleep!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• For the soaking through, here are three tricks:
    Overnight diapers by Huggies.
    Diaper Doublers - available at most grocery stores under the store brand.
    A cloth diaper with a water proof cover over her regualr diaper.

Remember that milk at night means her teeth are sitting in sugar all night too. Stick with the water.
    If you do decide to let her cry, pick a Friday night and be consistent. By sometimes giving her a bottle and sometimes letting her cry, she is getting confused. But she is learning that if she screams loud and long, you will come. Consistency is key no matter what you pick.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Co-Sleeping! Kept us all sane & everyone slept alot more!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I agree with giving her cereal before bed....keeps the tummy full so less waking up. Goodluck it's hard.
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 12:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Good news- huggies overnight and cereal before bed seems to be working thanks for the advice!
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009