What is something that other moms do that you hate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I wouldn't say I HATE it, but it really makes me sad when moms feel they have to SANITIZE everything their child comes in contact with, including people. Kids need germs, they need dirt, that is the ONLY wy their immune system has a chance of getting stronger
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:38 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• When a Mom yells in a loud voice at her child in the store. I feel badly for the child who should just be spoken to in an inside voice. I guess there might be occasions, such as if the child starts to do something dangerous. But the situation I'm thinking of a few months ago it appeared that the 5 year old had asked for something and the mother roared out that she wasn't going to get it and so forth. At least I think it was the mother, if it was a babysitter that is even sadder.

Answer by Bmat at 11:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Ugh, I hate it when I see a child having a total meltdown and the parent does nothing except ignore it. Kids cry, I get that, and even the best behaved child will break down at some point. But for the love of god, do something about it. Don't continue shopping, eating, playing, whatever your doing to just ignore it. The rest of us don't want to listen to your bratty kid. Drives me NUTS!!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• When parents curse at their kids. I hate being in McDonald's or a store and hear a mom say, "I will f*** you up little girl". This happened yesterday and the girl was around 2. I felt horrible for her.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I hate it when they spank their children. If they aren't smart enough to come up with an effective discipline instead of an abusive punishment that only teaches kids how to be a bully like the adult who inflicts the abusive behavior then they don't deserve to be parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Taking a child out without dressing it appropriately, ie: Mom is wearing jeans and sweatshirt and baby is wearing short sleeves and sandals.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• People who do not clean their child's nose or face & take them out...I'm like really...would you walk out of the house with snot coming out of your nose or pasta sauce all over your face???? Then why do you do that to your child!!!???
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 12:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I was in a resale store the other day. I had some time w/o the kids and was able to actually try and focus on getting some deals! woo,hoo! anyhoo,there was this mom in there w/two girls about 7 and 5 yrs old. they were giggling and being buzy. I swear she did not stop yaping at them the whole time! She would call them by their full names and tell them she would put this and that back if they did not streighten up. She was using this tone of voice that you would speak to an infant in. Annoying!! When she finally left the sales girls were like,geeze! I dident think that lady would ever stop yapping at her kids!!!
    Anonymous

• Germaphobic moms drive me nuts. Sorry hun, your kid is going to be ocd or grow up sickly. (For the moms that have a REAL medical need, I exclude you) You cause unnecessary grief and stress on you child, not to mention you cause a low resistance in your child. Germs mutate constantly, they become resistant and your efforts become futile.
    Anonymous

• I don't care what other moms do, and the one thing I hate about other moms, moms who judge how I parent my kids.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2009