• In the Spotlight:

My 3 week old baby boy has a stuffy nose, and it is always worst at night. What can I do? I've tried saline but it only works for 20 minute and then he cries and fusses again.

melody1881

Asked by melody1881 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the only thing you can do is use a humidifier - at least that is what my Dr always tells us :) Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• yes-i would run a humidifier in his room.
    PaulaAnnDom

Answer by PaulaAnnDom at 11:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• humidifier, use the nasal aspirator (that bulb thingy that sucks the boogers out), and if you are breastfeeding, don't let the baby skip or slow down. Nursing might take longer because he can only breathe through his mouth.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 11:56 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• My daughter is 4 mths old & has had that problem since birth also, but not every 20 minutes. I would ask doctor about that. Nobody is smoking in your house, right? Saline drops & suction bulb should work. I do have to do this everyday sometimes twice a day. My pediatrician said if you have an older child around close to baby, especially they're face, it will make they're nose clogged up cause they're body can't handle our germs. Good luck.
    luvmyangels3

Answer by luvmyangels3 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Oh yeah I use the Little Noses by Little Remedies stuffy nose kit witch came with a nasal aspirator & saline drops. Have u tried this?
    luvmyangels3

Answer by luvmyangels3 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• yes, i have the saline bottle and an aspirator, maybe I'll get a humidifier, thanks for the advice
    melody1881

Answer by melody1881 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I've never done it, but I've heard a few drops of breast milk will help. If you have any :)

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2009