Does your 9 year old daughter chat w/friends a lot on the phone?

I was curious if anyone else has a 9 year old dd that chats lot on the phone. My dd has little interest in phone chatting. I was an avid phone talker at this age and am wondering if it's just her lack of ability to keep her attention on things for very long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• my 8 yr old dd really started talking on the phone last yr during school & this summer.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 12:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• if she's happy and active healthy with friends except for no phone I wouldn't worry about it. If you are worried about lack of close friends then get her in to 4H or Girl Scouts. Tons of things to do in those groups plus at public librairies for kids your dd age too.
    Anonymous

• No. I do not allow my daughter to just use the phone unless there is a specific reason. She is 9. What huge social plans could she be making??
    She and my son have friends that have "free acess" and will call our house 17 times in a row... Will hand up when I answer (hello caller ID), Call at 11pm or 6 am,
    When they DO get to use the phone, they will be taught proper phone ettique.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 7:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• No. She's not allowed to use the phone. The only person she ever talks to on it is her best friend and that's because she moved away. She freaking can't even remember her own phone number I don't see how she will be chatting with people or for what purpose.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:09 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• no rush to grow up. no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• No phone for my 9 y/o although we have other 9 y/o' call our house at the strangest times too... I'm like where the heck are the parents?!?!?

She does ask for a cell phone constantly because everyone has them and oddly many do but I told mine she has to wait until she's 12 or 13 and that I didn't have my first cell phone until I was 24! LOL
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 1:30 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My 9 year-old DD has no interest in talking on the phone but prefers online chatting at sites like Club Penguin, ToonTown, etc. I think that she is too young to be using the phone on a regular basis.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 3:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my DD is 9 and I don't allow her to talk on the phone to her friends just yet.
    Resse

Answer by Resse at 9:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009