What's on your bucket list? And why is it still there?

I was thinking about this. IF I die tomorrow would I be happy with what I have done in my life. Why is my bucket list always beening added to and not subtracted from? Well, when I sat down and thought about it, most of the things on my list are in the works. I've started the process, it just isn't done yet. Like my books, I'm writing them, but I can't cross it off the list.

So, what's on your list? Why is it still there? Are you working on it, or is it a pipe dream?? If you did die tomorrow would you be disapointed with what you didn't get crossed off that list? Or would you be proud of what you did?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• -Seeing open access to original birth certificates granted to Adoptees in every American state within my lifetime. What's stopping this is ignorance of these issues among Americans and lobbyists closer to the ear of our lawmakers than their constituents are.

-I'd like to get my Ph.D. Time and money are hinderances here lol.
    -I'd like to go to Europe and the UK. Again, time and money
    -I'd like to read every non-canonical Judaeo-Christian related text. I'm currently working on this one.
    -I'd like to read at least one book/document/scripture from every religion, if not all of them. I'm currently working on this one too :-)
    -I'd like to meet my birth mother and birth family. I'm working on this but restrictive access to my information and fighting with the state dragging its feet is a hinderance.
    -I want to have continued and improved understanding of God and his word -this one will never be off my list :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Hmmm. I guess I am pretty happy with what direction my life has taken me so far. I have done so many things that I am thankful for.

I would be okay with dying. The only things I would like to stay alive for are my children. To be able to love on them and raise them in the Lord.

Other than that, if the Lord wills I would someday enjoy going to Europe, publishing a book, and stuff like that.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think if I had to die tomorrow, the thing I would most regret not getting to do, would be to raise my kids into adulthood.

That's the number 1 thing on my list I want to do before I go.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Well, seeing my boys grow up and have families of their own is at the top of my list LOL.
    Visiting Greece is another.

Another would be getting back to doing spiritual things that Ive sort of been quiet with lately cuz of life getting in the way.

So if I died tomorrow none of that would happen but Id be happy enough.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I don't have a list.   I prefer to go with the flow and see where life takes me.  When opportunities and new experiences present themselves, I decide whether or not I want to pursue them. 

A recent experience for me was riding on a motorcycle for the first time.  They have always scared the crap out of me and my dh (who rode them for years in his youth) has just finished restoring a 1976 Kawasaki.  It took him 5 years and he just got it on the rode in June.  Anyway I've been out a few times now and I'm really enjoying it plus it has opened up a whole new world to me.  For one thing, now I know why there are always bikers outside Tim Horton's.  You need a break because your ass gets numb!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• TODAY THIS WORLD IS SO FULL OF CRIME,DRUGS MURDER,ETC. IF I COULD CHOOSE TO DIE TODAY I WOULD BE SO HAPPY,KNOWING I WAS IN HEAVEN OUT OF THE CRAZY WORLD,WHERE YOU NEVER KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA BE THE NEXT VICTIM.JUST THINK WHAT HEAVENS GONNA BE LIKE.AWESOME I'M SURE!!!
    CAROGIRL

Answer by CAROGIRL at 4:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I don't have a list. I prefer to go with the flow and see where life takes me. When opportunities and new experiences present themselves, I decide whether or not I want to pursue them.

This, Thanks Beeky
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Ride across the best damn country in the world(The United states of America) on a motorcycle with my husband is the only one on my list

autumnsunris113

Answer by autumnsunris113 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2009