TEETHING HELP!!!!

My 15 month old daughter has been waking up screeching almost every hour when she goes to sleep....no fever, but her cheeks get warm and she's drooling a river. She has been getting her molars in the last couple of months so the only thing I can think of is that more molars are popping through. During the day she still cries and shrieks and as she opens her mouth all this drool just comes flowing out of her mouth! My son never went through any of this, his just popped up and he'd get a slight fever....Kaylynn rarely stops crying unless I'm holding her now. I've given her popsicles, ice cold apple juice in her cup, Humphrey's oral stuff, Tylenol I have to force on her (she refuses it) and finally as a last resort I gave her a beefstick which seemed to keep her occupied because she could stick it further back in her mouth. I've ran out of options.....

sinful1982

Asked by sinful1982 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Most people are against this but the best remedie I have ever found is the old classic of whisky on the gums. It works wonders. Put a little on your finger and rub it on the gums. Good luck i hope you get through it soon
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Whiskey on the gums works good. But we used rum for our little guy. It is a little sweeter so he did not mind the taste. Now he is also cutting molars and has all 4 through and we are using Hyland's Teething Tablets. They are sold at walmart in the baby section with the breast pads. They work wonders for him now. Good luck!!
    JamJem

Answer by JamJem at 6:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Have you ever tried Homeopathic teeting tablets? Worked wonders for my DD... still does. She's 22mo and will tell me when her teeth are bothering her. She'll aske me for her "med-cine" and I'll give her three to four tablets. They dissolve instantly in their mouths. I've been using them since she started teething... Ha... I hadn't read the second post till just now... that's what I'm talking bout... they are a lifesaver!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 11:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2009