Non-Pagans please answer a quick ? for me :)

I would like to know if people who are not pagan would actually protest or attack someone or a group that were pagan? I don't mean they need to join or even like paganism just recognize another groups or individuals right to be practice their faith peacefully and fairly. I am simply asking if anyone would actually try to deny another person the right to this basic freedom?

Tawanda74

Asked by Tawanda74 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If I want my rights and civil liberties to be respected, I must respect those of others.

Silencing another religious group that one does not agree with does nothing for their own group except dowse them with the stench of fear and ignorance. If what any of us is following is the truth, other belief systems and what they do within their rights should not even be our concern.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• heck yes. because what i say goes PERIOD. its MY world and yall just live in it!!! LMAO...jk...nope..everyone can do whatever as long as its not hurting me or my fam. cuz then its on!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I'm not a pagan, but I too fight for the right to practice my beliefs (or lack thereof) in peace. So NO I would not protest or attack a group that was pagan for wanting to practice their beliefs in peace.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I would never. It's wrong on so many levels to do that to another human being.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I fully support the freedom of religion as guaranteed by the American Constitution.

The freedoms that let you peacefully practice your faith, are the same ones that let me peacefully practice mine.

We can't deny those rights to one religion without endangering the rights of our own.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I believe we all have religious freedom : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I've seen protesters outside of various church meetings and buildings of my faith (not pagan - so I still get to answer :)

While I support their freedoms of assembly and speech, they've always come across as...well, just rude.

So no, I can't at all picture myself doing that to any other religion.
    Anonymous

• While I don't agree with the beliefs, I wouldn't protest them in anyway,and would expect the same courtesy from them for a group of Christians.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• anon :29

I've seen all sorts of protesters too - they come from two extremes:

1) Religious folks that think we're not Godly enough.

2) Worldly folks that think we're not secular enough.

Ha ha, I guess no matter what you do, there's going to be someone who's mad at you. I usually just keep my chin up and walk by.
    Anonymous

• What Kristi said.

BTW where the hell have you been Kristie?  You disappeared off the radar for a while.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2009