I think its stupid...

to live in a roach infested house and then move and take everything with you. im mean come on. there are roaches still hiding in your stuff! what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What are u supposed to do leave everything and buy new stuff?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I agree that precautions need to be taken. When we moved from a roach infested townhouse I wiped and washed everything that I moved. I sprayed the packing boxes lightly with insecticide, wiped all cans. Didn't bring any boxed foods. And every item of clothing and linens I cleaned and walked right out to the car with them. The furniture I wiped down and sprayed. We didn't bring any roaches into the new place.

Answer by Bmat at 2:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• there are traps and sprays. and i could give up alot of stuff buy not everything
    16thmoon

Answer by 16thmoon at 2:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• BMAT did what I would have done! I mean food no but furniture. Why would u buy new furniture?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• There's a reason roaches have been around since the dawn of time. Disgusting vile creatures! I am so thankful to have never had them.
    nookers

Answer by nookers at 2:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• It's possible to move things in and all be well. First treat the new home before moving things in. Then treat the old things, spray furniture and boxes before and after they are packed (trash bags too). If moving is in a closed van, set off bug bombs. If not, set things out in the hot sun before taking them in the new home.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I am very lucky not to have ever had to deal with a roach infestation, but I agree it is hard to move and not take little critters with you lol. In Guam we had geckos (they were EVERYWHERE), so when they packed our stuff up and moved us to Spain, we opened up the boxes and while unpacking, we found at least a dozen gecko skeletons. The only reason they were not still alive was because it took a month to get our stuff to us so they were enclosed in boxes and crates the whole time.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2009