Whats a good meal for 1 person?

My husband works at night until 11 and its just me and my daughter. My daughter is 15 months and i feed her those graduate meals and i dont wanna cook a big supper for just me. What is a good and easy meal to fix for myself? That is also low budget?

CandyMama231

Asked by CandyMama231 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Ramen noodles! lol I make them and put extra seasonings in them and chop up grilled chicken and put it in them! YUMMMM! Now Im hungry lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I live alone so cook for one every day. Sometimes I make things I can warm up as left overs later but last night I made mini pizzas with flour torillas. I fixed them in the toaster oven so it took just a few min, quick clean up and I used items I already had on hand to throw on them so no going to the grocery to buy anything. I was very pleased how they turned out. They were good and not a lot of calories. Often I make rice and add black beans or chicken or whatever I'm in the mood for. I add jalapeno juice to the water to spice it up too.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• You can make things that you can freeze in individual containers and just heat up when you want it. This works well for things like chili, meatloaf, soups or stews. Another idea is to do stuffed baked potatoes. You can bake a potato for yourself and top it with diced ham, cheese, and steamed broccoli. If you buy the broccoli frozen in a bag, you can just cook what you need. Invest in some smaller pyrex containers with lids, and you can put hot food into them, stick them in the freezer, pull them straight from the freezer to the microwave, and eat right out of them. Easy homemade meals, easy cleanup.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• This is usually what I have for lunch while DH is working.

Spanish rice and black beans
    soft taco with refried beans and cheese
    grilled cheese and tomato soup
    peanut butter and honey on toast and a banana
    guacamole, chopped tomato and tortilla chips
    fried egg on toast with dijon mustard
    cheese omelette
    spagetti with marinara sauce
    tossed salad made with whatever I have on hand
    individual frozen dinners or pizzas when they are on sale
    leftover makeovers
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Stop feeding her that jarred stuff and give the child real food. There is not reason why the two of you can't eat together.

I have a ton of tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly recipes; send me a message if you would like some (and your husband can take the leftovers to work in a thermos)

Answer by rkoloms at 4:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I fix a regular meal and divide it into portions. My husband can microwave his portion when he gets home, and I have meals the next day also and don't have to cook, just reheat. I always cook at least 4 portions so I have two days of suppers. If I make more than 4 portions, I freeze a couple portions and then on days I don't want to cook I can pull the meal out of the freezer and reheat.

Answer by Bmat at 6:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Stop with the nasty Gerber graduates and feed her food. SHe can eat anything that you do, but in smaller pieces and portions. Make pasta in different shapes with sauces...cheese, spaghetti, alfredo. Tater tot casserole, soup and sandwiches. She can eat anything.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• All the pp had great ideas. Ramen noodles with meat and veggies are delish. I also like healthy choice and lean cuisine meals for me. Sandwiches are another fave of mine. Grilled veggies and meat is good also. I would crock pot some meals on a sunday, then freeze them. Then you can easily heat them up for just you.
    Joshiesxmama

Answer by Joshiesxmama at 12:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2009