amniotic fluid

sorry if this has been asked already but I have a few questions about amniotic fluid. 1. is there a way to know if its amniotic fluid without going to the hospital? 2. is it true that it will continue to leak if it doesn't come out in a big gush or can the babies head block it? 3. is it true that if you lay on your side for like 1/2 hour then stand up it will make it leak out cause it pools? thanks ladies! I think I'm leaking but don't want to go to l&d if I don't have to!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think most of that is true. just call l&d and talk to the nurse. I kept feeling like I was leaking all week and since i'm only 33 weeks it was concerning so I called. They put my mind at ease.
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 2:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• 1. if you stand up and feel something trickling down your leg and doesn't stop when you try, like when you have to pee and you stop that, then it's probably amniotic fluid.
    2. mine didn't continue leaking. my son's head blocked it. it came in a big gush, then nothing else
    3.i'm not sure about that one.

if it is your amniotic fluid leaking, then you should have contractions that will start soon and increasingly get stronger. go when you think you need to
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2009