Offshoot of the Hollister question

If your friends think they look good but they really look ridiculous, do you tell them? Do you think they'd tell you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• yes I would tell them. I don't want others laughing at them. Yes mine would tell me

Answer by admckenzie at 2:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think there is a subtle way to let people know they might look a little silly. Of course, it depends on the person's personality, so its hard to say what is tactful. If the mom is sexy and her body looks good, I think she has the right to wear what she wants without the fashion police bothering her. But, if she looks like she's squeezing in and falling out...I might let her know. That's embarrassing.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 2:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I let them know. If I look ridiculous I want to know. One of my friends always has a muffin top. She wears those really tight skinny jeans that push her back fat and stomach fat up. They look awful on her. We all tell her she needs to buy clothes in her size and fits her body type. She doesn't listen to us.
    Anonymous

• If it was so bad that she should be embarrassed, people are pointing and laughing, I would tell her. If it's a personal style choice that I don't like, I would keep my mouth shut.
    Anonymous

• I would tell if it truly looked horrible but not if it was something that just wasn't my taste. My sister is 47 years old and can wear clothes a 24 year old can't. It's not about what you are wearing more on how you wear it. I also will not begrudge someone that would like to wear certain styles even if they don't carry it off that well, it is their choice, what makes them happy. In the end how we feel about ourselves is all that matters. So with that said who am I to judge what looks ridiculous?
    kleea1969

Answer by kleea1969 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• My closest friends and I would tell each other - but there are people that I just wouldn't say a word too.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• My friends tell me constantly that they wish they could fit into the cute clothes that I wear. I shop in the juniors dept and am a size one. I don't wear mini skirts and short shorts and never did but I have more options than most people do. There are lots of cute tops and jeans. I don't look ridiculous because I shop in the juniors section at all. I think that other moms on here are trying to make moms who actually look decent and don't schlump it up feel bad for looking good. Get a life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jul. 19, 2009