are there any groups for speech delayed children?

my son is almost two and is speech delayed i feel a little bit alone abt it. he sees someone once a week.. but has no words..him being two and not even saying momma,, makes me sad... he is beyond bright.. are there any groups.. so i can get advice thank u

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Start ur own group! I am sure u will find alot of mammas who feel the same!
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• My 4 year old has a speech problem...we dont know what the problem is yet...but i know how you feel...I am the only one who can understand him and he often acts out because he knows he is different and like you i could use some advice...thanks for asking that ?
    0MyNameIsMom0

Answer by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Call your local Department of Health Early Intervention, your child will be evaluated and given therapy to bring them up to speed. It is nothing to be embarassed about! The evaluation can be done at home and the therapy will take place at home as well. :-)

Check out
    http://www.babies-and-sign-language.com/glossary-photos.html

I suggest learning eat, full, please, drink, hurt and hungry first.

Good luck!
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2009