Where is the support?

I am so discouraged right now.... I am supposed to start the Special K challenge tomorrow. I feel like I have no support from anywhere. My own husband don't even seem to care! I was so excited about starting this but now I feel like it's going to be a waste of time.
Am I the only one?

mominbolt

Asked by mominbolt at 3:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Hey you should go to Spark People and I have been on that challenge so here are two supports my name is PK IM or PM me!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Yes, Spark People is awesome! Also, if you feel like it join my group, lots of resources for a healthy lifestyle;)  I'm sorry to hear that your hubby isn't very supportive, but you need to push on. You can do it! Good luck and I hope to see you in the group!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:21 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 4:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2009