TMI but i think im leaking????

This is my first pregnancy im 23weeks starting tuesday and notice for the past few weeks theres been a slight dampness to my underwear. Its not pee its ordorless and has no color i know a lot of people might suggest its amniotic fluid which i know would be pretty serious but i dont have the sweet smell and i just had a ultrasound a couple weeks ago(which was after the leaking started) and the doctor said the baby was great...is it vaginal discharge maybe? .. is it normal for my underwear to be damp during pregnancy? has anyone else had this before ?

Kri5taa

Asked by Kri5taa at 3:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i actually just freaked out about this almost exact problem lol i'm 33 weeks and called l&d yesterday because I was so concerned. Discharge increases in pregnancy, but my dampness wasnt odorless, it smelled like something I had never smelled before. But, the nurse told me it was just discharge and if its not a gush, or running down my leg there isnt much to worry about, she said there has to be a steady trickle to even test it...

Ask your dr at your next appointment, until then panty liners will help and if they get really WET go in to get checked out. Good luck!
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 3:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• It's within the range of normal. I'm 30 weeks pregnant and have this problem too ...it can be because of hormones, mucous from your mucous plug (which usually regenerates itself this early in pregnancy), etc.
    As long as your practitioner knows your symptoms and everything looks and feels right, I wouldn't worry about it.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• hmmm yeah i know it happens to women later in pregnancy thats y i was a little concerned since im only 23weeks but i def will ask my doctor next appointment...thanks guys
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 3:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• There is an easy way to find out. Go to your gyno, they do a quick swab and tell you right away based on the PH balance if it is amniotic fluid or not.

I suggest going in, I had it done when I was preggo and found out that it was just discharge. I could sleep much better after that :)
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2009