How can i get help with baby things i need ?

I need help with baby things . im a single mom of 7 and I have a baby on the way I"m due in Dec. And need help with baby items ... I s there a place where i can go or is theres someone out there that can help ??

MZ.SWANN

Asked by MZ.SWANN at 3:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe u should quit havin kids if u cant afford to 7 is PLENTY!!!!
    Anonymous

• It depends where you are - but almost every city/town has a crises pregnancy center, pregnancy clinic, or churches may have a program. Look it up online for your area or the nearest town. Also you could call area churches and ask if they know of any help for pregnant women in need. I lived in a small town for years and volunteered and helped at a pregnancy center that had free clothes, diapers, baby supplies, cribs, sheets, etc. You may have to take a parenting class to get the freebies - but if you are in need it's worth it!
    Now that I live in a city, there are TONS of these places I'm describing.
    It shouldn't be too hard for you to find a place for help.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• contact your local dhs dept. they can get you a list of useful resources in your area. check craigs list & ebay for cheap baby items. get in touch w/ your church & school for clothing donations. join deals & steals here on cafemom - they have alot of helpful info for low income families in need. good luck:)oh- prob a good idea to go to your local health dept & get on some bc after this baby. also apply for wic.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 3:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• If you dont have the answer to the ? and dont have nothing nice to say just dont say any thing at all ... i hate when people have something to say bad to a good Question ...
    MZ.SWANN

Answer by MZ.SWANN at 3:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• get on the phone and make some calls

i was fired when they found out i was pregnant
    and it was stressful and financially draining
    i was helped by a place in the next town
    for women having a child their first or 8th - they did not ask
    they supplied me with a crib, a bath, a bassinet
    other things which I would have a hard time affording
    there are places and people who are more than willing to help
    and now that i am more financially able now,
    i donate to a place i found in town that helps woman

boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I no that in MY state there is a program called Life choices, its a class where one takes parenting classes and recieves what they call "baby bucks" for every class you go to, and lessons or homework or answers or even questions you ask/give, they award you "bucks" and you can "buy" things from there store, cribs, clothes, diapers, just about everything one needs. You can even take the class after pregnancy for formula and diapers-its a good program.
    But like the other poster said- 7 children are alot, and provides alot of love and money, Im SURE u provide the love, but if you can't provide simple baby needs, birth control is always a good option for next time!!!
    good luck and congrats-
    OHH what state do u live in- I may be able to give u some baby items if u live in My area.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 4:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• try yahoo freecycle. I see things posted in my area on almost a daily basis for babies and children of all ages.
    Anonymous

• you can get your baby stuff from a bargain finder in your local area you can buy them at convience stores or you can buy them at walmart any store like that Good luck to you
    MrJDBswoman

Answer by MrJDBswoman at 4:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2009