If you had children or a child at a young age....

do you ever wish you could have the same children/child you have now and same Husband and SO just a few years later. I was 18 right out of Highschool when I had my 1st child. I am now in my late 20's and some days I wish I would have had him now. I truly LOVE my Family but didn't get to do a whole lot. How do you feel??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was 17 when I had my oldest DD..Tip for you, Don't let you kid/s know you feel this way. They might think you don't want or love them. This is from experience.

Answer by louise2 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• This is something I have never even shared with my Husband. I would never say anything, just thought I would see how other Mom's feel. I just have thought about it from time to time. None of my Friends have kids.
    Anonymous

• Gosh louise2 she didn't say she didn't want them. She's just wishes she would have waited and why on earth would you ever say anything to you're kids.

I feel that way too. I love them but wish I would have waited like 5 more years.
    Anonymous

• That's weird and honestly I never ever would have thought that. I feel like it was meant at that time to prepare us for today. I mean If I were to have any of my kids now they wouldn't even be half the people they are now. I mean I cannot even be the same mother today I was yesterday. Age makes us wiser and better equipped to handle kids so they wouldn't even turn out the same.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 3:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I love my guys and I had them when I was young and yes it was an uphill fight being single for eight years. So no one can blame you for feeling you might have been better off waiting. I think at one point we all wonder. But this does not mean we do not love our children .
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• i got pregnant at 16 and had my daughter at 17 and i dont regreat a thing. i was never a party going out person. my daughter eventough her dad was not there she was my companion. now in 25 my daughter is 8 and we do each others hair play make up and do each others nail. well i have 4 kids now and i would never change on me having my kids. (maybe who the father was but not about having my daughter so young) THATS QUESTION MY FAMILY ALWAYS ASK ME AND I ALWAYS TELL THEM THE SAME THING
    adoradamia

Answer by adoradamia at 3:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Anonymous :20. I said that the kid/s will think you did not want or love them. When adults say things, sometimes kids do not understand it the way you do. From experience

Answer by louise2 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I had my son when I was older (32) and I wish I had him when I younger. I think that no matter when you have your children part of you will wonder/wish about other options.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I wish I would have waited. Having kids at 21 with a fast food job and my husband a retail job wasn't exactly the smartest. We should have had degrees and careers first.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I was what I consider young. I was 20 when I had our son and I don't wish it any different. Yhe things I was doing and the choices I was making I could almost guarentee it wouldve made life a lot harder or ended all together. I think my son saved me, and a lot of my friends. We are a tight group and when one goes through something everyone does. So when I got pregnant everyone calmed down a lot and I get told all the time I saved a lot of people. We lost a few friends from drunk driving and yet it never stopped us from continuing but when I got pregnant I remember hearing all the time 'nope can't drink bc my nephew needs me soon' :)
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2009