birth control after D&C

i wasnt sure where to post this question but i had a D&C two and a half weeks ago and i was wondering if i need to start my period to start BC i know its hard to tell when someone will start after this procedure. I dont want to get pregnant so soon with my husband. We are having problems too so me getting pregnant wont help anything. Any advice? I go to my doc on monday for the post opp appointment but i was just wondering:) thanks ladys

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i'm pretty sure you're supposed to wait until your period starts, but you can always call the office and ask them to.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Some birth controls you can do an any day start meaning that if you wanted to start taking them now you could. I know that when I had a D&C they told me to start that sunday after the procedure. I would talk to you OB
    Anonymous