feeding peas

I am eating some frozen peas and my 11 month old son seems to really want some, normally I give him everything I eat but I can't remember at what age it is ok to give him peas. He is a really good chewer.
Is it ok to give him some.

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 3:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• never heard to hold off on peas
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• my 7 month old eats them. i put 1 on her tray at a time and she'll pick it up and chew it. she has 2 teeth.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Frozen peas are great; keep them in mind when your child goes threw a picky phase (along with frozen blueberries and frozen corn)

Answer by rkoloms at 4:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Just give him the peas, one at a time and watch so he doesn't choke. My son was eating the baby peas at about 7 or 8 months old for a snack and he loved them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Yeah it will be fine to give him. Do one at a time, and keep a good eye on him. Most kids dont have a problem with peas because they arent big enough to present too much of a choking hazard. I do want to commend you on you're great parenting for being concerned about it though!
    Joshiesxmama

Answer by Joshiesxmama at 11:56 AM on Jul. 19, 2009