Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone explain to me what a guardianship attorney for children is, in divorce cases?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • a Guardian Ad Litem? Was there abuse? Do they have their own money from an inheritance? Who called for the Guardianship attorney?

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

  • A Guardian Ad Litem is required in some states to represent the child in the divorce case. They investigate to see if both parents are fit to raise the children and recommend placement and other child related issues to the courts.


    Answer by girlneffy at 3:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

  • One of the custodial parents has made it a court order. There is no physical abuse involved, just a very jealous, vindictive and mentally unstable father, who doesn't really even want custody that badly, or with good reason. The mother is fine, but a third party had the children in the car with him on a suspended license. The mother didn't know his license was suspended, so they went to the zoo.........father is off the wall. it is all so crazy.....

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
am i overreacting?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
such a good idea