looking 4 creative but simple ideas to make a baby shower cake

any suggestions? We don't know the sex. Can u tell me about how many ppl the cake serves?

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 3:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• at my shower, we didn't know the sex either. and so we made cupcakes. got white sticks (probably at walmart. like lollypop sticks), stuck them in the sides of the cupcake, put curly ribbon on them, and decorated the tops of the cupcakes....made them look like rattles. had blue, pink and green colors. very cute and better than a boring old cake!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I've made one of the bigger circle cakes into a baby carriage. I've also done a baby bottle with a 13x9 pan. How many people are going to be there? We've never ran out of cake with just using one box of cake mix at a party, and a couple of the parties there were a good like 20-30 people there. The baby carriage was the easiest and it turned out so cute.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• There are going to be around 40 or 50 people, we're doing it RIGHT around my due date so I may or may not have the baby, ha ha.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 4:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I made a cake for a friend that looked like those wooden blocks.

made 3 cubes and decorated with letters and different colours. cute and simple.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I make a cake that people seem to really like, you could do pretty much anything with it, it is mainly just the flavor and texture of the cake.

To make a soda-pop or jello cake:

You just bake a white or vanilla cake. When it has cooled you take a box of jello and soda pop in the same flavor. Chill a cup of the soda. Make the jello like the directions say, but after stirring in the powder, mix it with the soda rather than water. Take a knife and make slits in the cake and then pour the soda/jello mixture into the slits. Chill in the fridge until the jello has formed and then just before serving, top with whipped cream. The canned type is easier to use. If you use the tub, you have to let it thaw some to make it spreadable.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2009