How to deal with a new relationship?

I just got out of a very long and abusive relationship with my baby'sfather, he is in jail now and I have been seeing a new guy, he has 2 other daughters ages 9 and 5, my daughter is 15 months old, I am suppose to meet his family tonihgt and I won't have my daughter with me to use as a crutch....I am so nervous about meeting them and also for starting a new relationship, what if my daughter gets attatched and things don't work out?...am I doing the right things by taking her daddy away and bring a new guy around?

MARIA0227

Asked by MARIA0227 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• i beleive so i am 30 wks prego an chose not to have the bby dad in its life bc he was to abusive an tryed causing a miscarrage an if it makes things easier introduce ur bf as an uncle or friend or something
    Anonymous

• If her daddy was abusive then it's the best thing you could have done to get him out of the picture. You do need to be careful in case it doesn't work out with you and the new guy, but your daughter is also at the age where I don't think it would affect her as hard as you think it would if it didn't work out. It would be nice for her to have a "daddy" figure around her, and if you really like the guy I say go for it. He obviously cares about you a lot in order to introduce you to his kids.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• replacing an abusive man with a good man? YES replace the bad man. Even if it doesn't work out good is better than abusive. It also teaches her coping skills. Ppl come into our lives and sometimes leave. Kids need to learn that so they can deal with real life. Enjoy the now

Answer by admckenzie at 4:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2009