is this normal? idk if he sleeps?!?

im 36 weeks pregnant and the baby is constantly moving! 24/7! all night and all day! i cant sleep very well and its uncomfortable all day, a lot of the time even painful. i dont remember dd moving this much! whatamigunado?!?!

lilysmommy23

Asked by lilysmommy23 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My son did that for the last three weeks or so. if he slept at all, it was in like ten minute increments and my doc said it was normal but that I needed to drink something calming before bed like chamomile tea. It helped me out so maybe you should try that. I understand the painful part, my son literally fractured a rib at 8 months pregnant. Doc was so stupid about it I eventually got a second opinion and it was fractured. That was the only bad part and its not that common. Another thing that helps soothe is by rubbing your belly in slow circular motions right where the baby is. He/she may just be really active, mine has been from day one of being able to feel the movement
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 4:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• hope that he wears himself out in there? my little boy was like that. i realized that if i drank caffine drinks he could calm the heck down (weird i know, but he is my kid so i don't question it). i am 38 weeks now and think that my body has successfully confined him enough that he will stop trying to escape through something that isn't the exit. also, something that really helped me when my baby was in constant motion is beating up my hubby everytime the baby hurt me. all is fair in love and childbirth. lol, hang in there girlie. as always, if you are worried, talk to the dr person...
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 4:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• My doctor told me that babies are a sleep and wake in 40 minute increments- with that said, I HONESTLY believe he moves a lot when he sleeps- We toss and turn, what makes them so diff? I can tell the diff between my son playing, and just moving-I'm 34 weeks.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 4:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2009