does anyone find this annoying?

people who assume things and assume you are talkin about them.....i posted a blog about people in general more specific my views on causal sex and multiple partners at one time and the risk for std's. i had some one jump down my throat cause they thought i was talkin about them. i got the inspiration from my older sister when we were discussing men in general we both had some slimy guys use us... i didnt even make reference to specific ppl just generalized a certain group and looked up statistics and disease info....so dont see how someone could think i was targeting them as an individual CONTINUED

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think they just had a guilty conscious. Don't even worry about it.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 3:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• hre is pt of it
    Truth #1: Casual sex impairs the ability to establish a lasting emotional bond. When natural human emotional responses are repeatedly denied, the person is hardened and the capacity to bond is weakened. human beings respond to sexual intercourse by bonding, and they are driven to make that bond permanent and exclusive.
    Truth #2: Casual sex leaves people alone and lonely. they are never satisfied and keep looking for the new best thing.
    Truth #3: The so-called "sexual revolution" has produced dramatic increases in sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Sadly, 65 percent of STDs appear in young people under age 25, and fully 20 percent of all AIDS cases are among college-aged young people. In the U.S., over 15 million new cases of STDs appear annually, a number that is triple what it was six years ago. Having three or more sexual partners in a lifetime increases a woman's odds of cervical cancer by 15 times.
    Anonymous

• good grief. That's not your original thoughts so when you repeat the work of others you should cite where you got it. You are stealing the work of others even if you are just preaching at us. I'm not sure she was jumping down your throat over thinking it was her. I think it's your better than thou attitude she didn't like. I think I totally understand where she's coming from. Don't judge us for having multiple partners. We are intelligent women who know how to have safe sex. Not all of us want a lasting emotional bond. Being alone isn't a bad thing so you are judging us by YOUR standards. That's wrong.
    Anonymous

• wow annon 1:11 ~ wake up without a casual partner today? Or is it just the fact you are in denial about the statistics she posted? (since you fit the description)
    Anonymous

• I would like to read that journal if its still up. The fact you posted here about the lack of ability to bond really hit home for me. Before DH I had my heart broken (as majority of ppl do) & at 16 I had the idiotic idea of 'if guys can come and go as they please breaking girls hearts I can do it to them' and started my journey of having 'boyfriends' who I knew would get emotionally attatched just so that I could break their hearts (yes it was awful of me) but I had detatched myself so much from the 'feelings' of a relationship and sex in general that when I got with DH he was hurt that I didn't find sex to mean anything. it took a lot from me to get back to having feelings of intimacy and be able to open up to DH so I agree 110% that casual sex is nothing more than a way to continue dissolving future relationships and putting you, your spouse, and even children at risk.
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Its because the truth hurts and if they took offense, its because they knew it pertained to them, regardless of whether you intended it that way or not.

The simple way to handle that is "IF the shoe fits.."
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I dont' think you are acting better than anyone else just because of your views on casual sex. To answer your question though, it is annoying when people think others are talking about them. As long as you didn't use her name in your post, then she shouldn't be all uptight about it. I do think maybe she was upset with your views. Which in that case oh well, she should get over it. Not everyone is going to like how others live.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 4:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• to anon
    that was only part of it and i did say used statistics and other info to back my claim up so dont jump me on that being i only posted part of my blog

i posted on myspace so if you have an account there let me know and not saying post ur id in here just say you have an account and ill pm you to add you
    Anonymous

• and would like to add to anon ". Don't judge us for having multiple partners. We are intelligent women who know how to have safe sex. Not all of us want a lasting emotional bond. Being alone isn't a bad thing so you are judging us by YOUR standards. That's wrong."

reality check here condoms do NOT protect against HIV AIDS gentital warts (HPV)or herpes ...so doesnt matter if you are protected or not

trying being part of the solution not part of the problem
    Anonymous

• I have myspace. And really looking forward to reading the rest :) I think DH will enjoy it too... We have had this debate w a realative who just doesn't understand why her lifestyle is wrong (she has a few STDs and gets mad that we tell her its selfish of her to go around sleeping w more people and not telling them- I think that should be a crime-)
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2009