would they induce me because...

would the doctors induce me because of low amniotic fluids? what about cause the placentas not working properly? I'm 38 weeks pregnant and went to my appointment. my doc got really nervous cause I'm measuring 3 weeks behind. she said I need an ulatrasound asap so I have one tuesday. well when I got home I googled it and found out that baby can be measuring small cause the placenta isn't working or there's not enough fluids around the baby. I'm not ready for this kid to come yet even though I'm so ready to be done with the pregnancy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes they can. I was induced because my placenta was going away, like dissolving or something. Anyway, the doctor said there was no point in waiting any longer since the fluids were going away, because it wouldn't benefit my son any longer to stay inside me. So he got here 2 weeks early.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I would think they would if the baby isn't growing due to the placenta not working seeing as how your so close but I don't know. I am going through the same thing(I'm only 31 weeks) and I have an ultrasound on Monday because I am measuring 4 weeks behind. I also googled it and came up with the same explanations as to why I could be measuring really behind. Pretty scary huh? Good luck and I hope all goes well for u!
    Anonymous

• i had plcenta previa and they did c section one month early
    and yes it was scary
    they gave me 2 shots in two days to help with her lung development
    but she was a bit over 6 pounds and even gained weight before we left hospital
    they even said that she caught on to breast feeding before all the normal term babies on the wing

worrying is normal, try to relax and visualize your baby in your arms
    38 weeks is pretty far along, i bet your baby is just ready to meet her mom
    as for you not being ready-no one ever feels ready-but you are ready

hope and pray everything goes smoothly

boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• ps
    if you have to have a c section
    it is not bad at all
    be sure to take it easy after-lifting, bending, no stairs, keep ahead of your pain
    and do not feel left out or bad because you did not get to birth her
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• they'll do fetal monitoring to make sure everything is okay with the baby and won't induce unless they have too. i had the same thing happen (not sure what happened to your other post about this) but i was able to make it another 4 weeks after finding out the problem since my baby was doing fine during all the fetal monitoring tests.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 6:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Amniotic fluid is directly related to how hydrated you are. So making sure you are drinking lots of water will help.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• i measured small at the end too, but it was bc the baby had dropped.
    keep us updated on how it goes on tues.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Measuring small does not have to mean anything, the babies position can influence it, how it was measured etc..
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2009