MY OTHER HALF AND I HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS. WE HAVE TWO KIDS TOGETHER. HOWEVER OUR INTAMACY REALLY ISN'T THERE ANYMORE. HE SAYS HOW HE'S OVER WEIGHT I KNOW HE DOESN'T FEEL GOOD ABOUT HIMSELF ALSO HE HAS BEEN LAID OFF SINCE SEPT 2008. DO YOU THINK HIS EGO AND MANLY HOOD IS GOING DOWN HILL AND THAT'S WHY SEX IS SO SO OFTEN THESE DAYS.

jersey1933

Asked by jersey1933 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Yep, i agree!
    Most men have that mental mindset where they have to be the "breadwinner" the one who earns money - supports his family. Stereotypical, but it's the truth of that fact.
    And the weight gain is probably dinging his self-confidence as well.
    You could show him that he hasn't changed in your eyes, and that you still love him and find him irresistible. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• yup

Answer by admckenzie at 4:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• If he's not on the computer or cell or text every second then I do bet his weight and job loss sadden him deeply. Maybe get a newspaper and send out resumes to every single job that is even very little doable? Try getting him to keep up his spirits with a board game - add stripper as a part of it!! Maybe set up time to just dance to his favorite music and turn it in to yoga or exercise. Hope that helps somehow.
    Anonymous

• The way I look at it is when I'm pregnant, or about to start PMSing and feeling really fat, and maybe got a pimple or two cause I'm about to start. I sure don't feel like sex or even having him look at me or touch me. Guys get the same way. When my hubby goes to the gym and stuff he wants it way more often than when things get busy and he doens't have time to go. When my hubby was military and we were pretty broke it was a lot of stress on us and we did nothing but fight and the stress definitally took a toll on our romantic life. When he got a good paying job and the stress of paying our bills weren't there it got better. It'll go away. Just let him know that no matter if he has a couple extra pounds that you still find him as attractive as you always did.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I agree too. Show him some TLC.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2009