Who EVER thought it acceptable...

to ask "are you ever going to have kids" or "when are you going to have another?" It's been just over 3 months since I had a m/c on my 2nd child...who EVER thought it would be acceptable AND THEIR BUSINESS to know when/if you're going to have children or more children!

EBeauty03

Asked by EBeauty03 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It is completely NOT acceptable, especially after what you've just been through!!
    We're humans, not baby making machines, for god's sake.

I am terribly sorry for your loss. *hugs*
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I completely agree. My in laws have badgered me about kids from the moment my husband and I met. It's rude, and an invasion of privacy. I think it's tantamount to asking "are you having plenty of sex? and if you're not getting pregnant, maybe you should change positions, etc.?" I've gotten to the point where I just stare at them blankly or walk away without saying anything.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 5:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think a lot of people are just completely ignorant about such things. If you've never had a problem with infertility or miscarriage you just can't possibly understand how heartbreaking it is. I would never ask someone if they plan to have kids. I just assume there is a reason whether they have them or not, or only 1, and the reason is none of my business.
    Anonymous

• damn right! after a mc and infertility it is no one's buisness about future children!!
    chickensmommy

Answer by chickensmommy at 9:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I just had a miscarriage in March. And people are always asking me when we are going to try again. As if thats anyones business my mine and my dh's! It's so aggravating!
    Gavsmama06

Answer by Gavsmama06 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• ugh i was asked this too by my fil mostly. he didnt mean to sound awful but with almost 4 years of infertility then losing our son halfway through the pregnancy, (and the fact that his sister had gotten pregnant like the month she had a stillbirth) he kept asking when i would get pregnant again. and he thought i would. its almost 6 months and not yet.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2009