What do you think about Gender selection?

would you choose the Gender of the baby, and go through all the medical testing and whatnot?
I wouldn't, I personally think its just as bad as animal testing, only its on our babies.

JnCV

Asked by JnCV at 4:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nope. i'd rather my baby be born the old fashioned way
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• i can understand why a couple with 5 boys would want to ensure a girl...personally i wouldnt do it....
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 4:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• i think it's terrible
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think its wrong. You should be grateful you have a healthy child growing inside you and leave it at that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I think its a horrible idea and we should not even go down that path! There is something called natural balance in this world and that would upset it! No matter what you believe in God, Nature, Nothing, you have to admit species reproduce in a way that ensures the long term survival of the species, I think that includes genders being naturally selected!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Some people carry markers for gender specific defects, in cases like that I see no problem with it, but otherwise I don't like the idea of it.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I personally want all boys (have 1 want 2 more) however the idea of doing anything that required tests and labs to get a boy is ridiculous and out of the question. ill take what I get naturally and hope my past 'method' works the same. (rubbing my belly and saying 'please be a boy' but I will let nature do its thing)
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Several women at our church chose not to know the sex of the baby. It was quite fun to watch them go *retro* Lots of non gender specific stuff out there these days. But as for terminating a pg bases on the sex (IMO) is wrong.
    nookers

Answer by nookers at 4:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I don't believe in messing with nature.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 4:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• no its like playing God and we shouldnt have that power, why does it matter what sex the child is as long as its healthy.
    Anonymous