Have you ever thought about...

being a surrogate mom? I've been thinking about a friend of mine (who's having a REALLY hard time getting pregnant AND staying pregnant). She's gone through miscarriage after miscarriage and it's breaking my heart because I've gone through that pain as well. The other day she was joking with me about how she wished I could carry her child for her and her husband, and it didn't seem like a bad idea to me. I was actually really thinking about it. After the birth of my daughter, I REALLY miss being pregnant again and I'd really like to help a friend out. What would you do?

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Health

• I would definitely do it. Especially if she were a friend, and I've been through all her heartbreaking experiences first hand. Definitely. Without a doubt, I would do it.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• Wow I would do that for a really close friend. I would do it for my sister or sister in-law. I think that you should really put it out there to them and see where that takes you. That takes a really strong person to do that for someone. God bless you and yours and her family.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I'v ethought about it. a friend of mine did it for her sister.

I don't know if I'd be able to let go though after birth, and especially seeing that child being brought up by someone else. Its not mine but it is...but it isn't.

there are lots of resources online for surrogacy and some excellent books.

if you do it I applaud your courage and love for your friend.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• if you can handle being pregnant and being able to hand that baby over without falling apart...i'd say do it...they would make you do a psych evaluation as well beforehand
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 4:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• i think that its beautiful for you to do that for her.its brings me to think of my cousin,.shes had so many miscarriages..every pregnancy shes had shes lost and her body went into shock after her last mc..id love to be the saint to help them out but after feeling the baby move in my bely i just dont think that id be strong enought for it..the giving birth and then giving THEIR baby to them..id just have a hard time.but good luck to you,.and im glad you have such a big and gracious heart:)
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 6:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2009