Has anyone heard of giving a baby jello water for belly aches? Is he to young 8 weeks old?

vstanley69

Asked by vstanley69 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would definilty not do that. Sugar, dye, presevatives, who knows what else????
    He should get only breastmilk or formula for 6 months. That's all.
    Anonymous

• I definitely answered this question in another form on your previous question...
    BUT, jello water should be okay... though, I'm not sure I've ever heard of that one before!
    I've stuck to Gripe Water - giving him warm baths and laying him on his belly across my lap and patting his back and kind of.. moving my legs from side to side in a rocking motion.
    Another great tip? Putting him in the middle of the blanket, gathering up the corners and swinging him back and forth gently. The darkness and the rocking motion zonk him out.

These worked with my baby! Hope it does yours. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• never heard of it... sounds like it may make a belly ache worse though.. I have heard of rubbing their belly, warm towels, gas drops and prayer!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I've never heard of that. Try Gripe Water - you can find it at most drug stores. Just look in the baby care area or the antacid area.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I have never heard of that. But I have done gripe water, warm bath, rub belly and trust me my DD had acid reflux so belly aches were common in our home until i switch her formula to gentlease for fussieness and gas and the belly aches got better & better.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• my mil convinced me to do that when my oldest son was about 10 months old .It made his stomach so upset he had the runs for 2 days...so i dont recommend it.Have you tried Mylicon drops?I swore by that stuff...walmart has it ...i dont know about anywhere else...hope this helps keep us posted...
    0MyNameIsMom0

Answer by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• um no. Use gripe water!
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 5:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I wouldn't resort to jello water, mylicon and gripe... I've had 5 kids and any good pediatrician would tell you that these things just don't work 95% of the time. Babies unfortunately get tummy aches no matter what we do. If he's having a very bad time of it then I'd switch him to soy formula, it's much more gentle on the tummy.
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 1:39 AM on Jul. 19, 2009