How do you really feel about IVF?

Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for 8 years. We are currently saving for IVF because of male factor infertility...I've read so many things and seen so many views and some really hurtful things as well. My DH has 3 kids that he had before we got together.... There are people out there that think that maybe I wasnt meant to have a baby. and before you say anything about octomom we are only transfering 2 embryos and we are doing it whether you like it or not...i just wanted to see all the moms views on it.

MiraclesDHappen

Asked by MiraclesDHappen at 4:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am all for ANY means of infertility treatment. When a person gets infertility treatment, it is STILL in God's hands how many(if any) babies result from it.
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 6:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• we are doing it whether you like it or not...i just wanted to see all the moms views on it.

Then what do you want our opinions for? It doesn't matter what we think. Drama mama!
    Anonymous

• Good luck. I feel for you. I have numerous friends in same situation. One of my childhood friends had it done, and she was unfortunately one of those girls that it didn't take with. As I guess is a common thing the first time around....???? I don't know....
    Anyways, have you ever thought about having a surrogate mother? Just a thought.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• there is nothing wrong with me so i wouldn't need a surrogate...and no im not a drama mama...if that was the case i would have posted anonymously like you did
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 4:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with it. Especially when the doctor is responsible like yours is. Good Luck! I hope you get and enjoy a wonderful bundle of joy!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• You are not octomom - she was single and totally unstable financially.

But you, you're married, you seem financially responsible (guessing since you're saving up, and not just credit carding it).

You're basically best-case-scenario for IVF that I can think of - even if you did want more than 2 transfered at a time.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 5:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I'm all for it as long as all embryos created are given a chance at a life.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 6:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• My husband and I were going to do Invitro, however, a month before our appointment we found out we were pregnant.

I couldn't imagine trying for 8 years. We tried for almost 3 and it seemed like forever.

Good luck to you! I hope everything goes smoothly!
    Anonymous

• Why would anyone have a problem with it....
    that's silly... even if you had 8 embryos implanted... it's none of my business as long as you support them. go for it girl... have you a baby!!!
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 7:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• If you weren't meant to have a baby like some troll said... you wouldn't live in a time where it was possible have a baby like this. Women are stupid
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 7:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2009