a friend....

i have a friend who has some problems.she suffers from anxiety and depression,she has been in out patient in a clinic...she is still a good mom though.(doesnt drink or do drugs)she seems to me to lead a pretty normal life besides that.would you stay away from her?what would your thoughts be???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• or should i say would you loose respect for her???
    Anonymous

• Why would you want to "stay away from her"? She is your friend right? We all have problems right? You said she does not drink or do drugs, she is a good mom, and I am assuming, despite her issues, she is a good friend? Why not be there for her and support her and assist her in getting help for her depression and anxiety. Everyone needs a good friend, and it sounds like she could really use some support now.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• And no, I would not lose respect for someone who suffers from mental/emotional issues.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• shame on me i am the one who is staying by her side while everyone else leaves????
    Anonymous

• Poor lady, if her friends are mostly leaving her that probably doesn't help her depression. Good for you for sticking by her.

Answer by Bmat at 5:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• It sounds like she has drama, if this is causing problems in YOUR family, you might consider backing out of her life a little. I have had friends that were draining, and it begins to take a toll on your own family. I would say if this is not the case, then you should stick by her, you didn't mention if she had a husband or not, so as long as you are not her ONLY support system, you should try to hang in there. Friendship is a 2 way street, and ask yourself does she contribute to you and your family's well being, or is it always about her and the latest drama?

kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• ur really not a good friend or any kind of friend for that matter if u want to stay away form her just b/c she a mental health consumer...people likeher and yes me need real friends who will stick with us through thick and thin not just be there for their convience that screws with the mental health consumers emotions and causes them to feel more depressed and hopeless
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 8:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• It sounds like she needs a friend more then ever, having suffered from depression myself, I need my friends so much.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2009